Selecting the Right Realtor®
Similar to most real estate situations, one of the most important decisions of selling your home is choosing the right Realtor® to represent you and your home. The main priority of a Real Estate Agent in the home selling process is to assist and guide you as well as sell your home with the best possible terms.
Tips for Selecting Your Realtor®
- Local and national expert on the requirements and regulations regarding your transaction
- Expert negotiator
- Professionally trained and educated
- Reputation of attracting large numbers of buyers to previous sales
- Technologically advanced
- Marketing expert
- Endorsed by professional legal counsel
The goal of the marketing strategy is to properly sell your home in a timely manner for the best possible terms available in your market. Because of this it is necessary for you and your Realtor® to properly prepare your home to be sold in your specific real estate market. The process includes but is not limited to:
- Choosing the perfect time to put your home on the market
- Choosing the perfect price for your home based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions and your specific situation
- Estimating probable proceeds
- Advising you on how to enhance your home’s appearance
Marketing the Property effectively may include but is not limited to:
- Putting up a For Sale sign on your property
- Installing a lock box to grant easy access to agents wanting to show your property
- Adding your home to the local and regional Multiple Listing Service for maximum and immediate exposure to the real estate community
- Inviting local Real Estate Agents in the area to tour the home
- Creating an appealing flyer/brochure highlighting all of the features and benefits of your home
- Promoting your home at caravans and other Realtor® Association events for maximum exposure to agents
- Holding “open houses” at your home
- Promoting your property to your immediate neighbors
- Promoting your property inside of regular office meetings
- Featuring your property on real estate websites such as my own, Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Redfin.com, etc
- Networking with clients and colleagues to see if they know of potential buyers
Transactions can be smooth or sometimes transactions can be rough. They are all unique and therefor demand an expert/strong advocate on your side during the entire process.
Negotiating the Offer
Your Real Estate Agent has to immediately present and thoroughly explain all offers that come in on your property to you. At that point, you have the choice (in conjunction with your Realtor®‘s advice) to accept, reject or counter any of the offers that have been submitted. During the negotiation process a great Realtor® will use his/her experience, skills, and knowledge to properly advocate all of your interests to the buying party. A good Realtor® will always view your home selling decision as if it were their own and will guide you to the transaction that they believe will benefit your unique situation the most.
When the offer is accepted, your Real Estate Agent will then begin to manage all the specifics to make the selling process as stress-free and efficient as possible. This includes but is not limited to:
- Constant direct contact with the buyer or buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth and proper escrow
- Constant follow up on the progress of the buyer’s loan situation (if applicable)
- Tracking all contingency removal deadlines
- Helping and Advising you if a conflict with the buyer arises
Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing and closing the deal includes reviewing each and every one of the documents of the transaction, ensuring every document is properly signed, as well as ensuring both parties have all copies. Once that is completed your Real Estate Agent will deliver you the check for your house and will give the keys to the new property to the buyer or the buyer’s agent.
Are you Thinking of Selling Your Home?
If you are currently thinking of selling your San Diego home at this point in time you can always Contact Shawn Azizzi Here. If you are trying to decide if it is the right time to sell your home you can always Find Out How Much Your Home Is Worth Here!